Friday 20 November 2009

Screenplay - 'Dear Auntie Babs'

INT. OFFICE – DAY (MORNING)

JEN is at her desk reading an EMAIL from a fan called LUCY.

V/O JEN

Dear Auntie Babs, I know this is my 800th letter to you but I really don’t think you realise just how much you have changed my life. If it wasn’t for you and your incredible advice, I wouldn’t have met the man who I intend on spending the rest of my life with. I can only hope that one day my life will be as fulfilling as yours- and the huge mansion would be a bonus!

JEN

They don’t have a clue.

V/O JEN

Hope all is well with the girls… and your famous husband PAOLO, of course. All the best, LUCY.

JEN begins to REPLY to LUCY.

JEN

Dear LUCY, all is well in Babs world. I’m glad my advice

helped you. It’s nice to hear that my advice really works. The girls are doing great and mine and PAOLO’s relationship is stronger than ev-

PAOLO appears at JEN’s doorway interrupting her reading aloud.

V/O JEN

Oh my god! It’s him. I could so f-

JEN

PAOLO!

PAOLO

JEN, was wondering if you could work the weekend?

JEN gazes at PAOLO and begins to imagine an idealic flirtation to ask the hunk out. She imagines what she wants to do.

JEN

Only if you are… Baby!

In her imagination JEN acts SEDUCTIVELY towards PAOLO. She throws her GLASSES off and taking out her HAIR then walking towards PAOLO when the embrace.

PAOLO

JEN?

JEN then snaps back into reality and realises she has to try being seductive with PAOLO.

V/O JEN

Right, come on JEN. You need to do this, you are a sex goddess, come on! Just try because he is gorgeous!

JEN tries to remove her GLASSES but they get caught.

V/O JEN

1,2,3… and throw the glasses!

They fly out the WINDOW, now she can’t see where PAOLO is so begins to talk to the WALL. CATS are heard from the street below.

PAOLO reacts to her actions.

V/O JEN

Now go for the big finish! NOW!

JEN

Well… I need to attend a reprographics meeting because the company’s configuration system is becoming rather problematic.

V/O JEN

What the fuck!? Smooth JEN, reallllll smooth.

PAOLO is standing confused as JEN is now trying to locate him by scaling the wall.

JEN finds PAOLO standing near her door as she feels his body.

JEN

Yeah… the weekends fine.

PAOLO is a bit overwhelmed by JEN’s performance but decides to nod and exits.

JEN slowly turns round and slaps her forehead then melting to the ground in utter embarrassment.

V/O JEN

I am Auntie Babs! (title appears, she walks down a street) Ok, my name is Jenny Parker but in my virtual life I am Barbara and this is my world.

2 comments:

  1. I think we did this well Courtney.
    I also think that we still need to develop the last voice over but apart from that we should do well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with this view Sophie-i think we either need to give the audience more of an insight into 'Babs' and her mannerisms, or keep it the same length, and concentrate on developing and changing the content of the voice over.

    ReplyDelete